Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Here I am


Here I am in Pemba, Mozambique. I cannot fully believe that I am really here. Papa God is so good. My heart is overflowing with the amazement of God’s faithfulness and love.

Thank you so much for praying for my flight. All the flight went smoothly. I felt God’s hands covering, protecting me with his loving arms. The Lord gave me so much favour in this journey. My luggage was overweight and I had an extra carry on, but I didn’t get charge. I got a economy class flight ticket and the airline upgraded my ticket to business class without my knowledge. When I arrived in Pemba I had to get a yellow fever card which I didn’t have, so I had to get a vaccine there and pay $50, which I didn’t have with me. Then out of nowhere a man asked me what was going on, I told him what’s happening, then without any pause and without saying a word and he opened his wallet and game a $50 note. The Lord is so good. He gives his children and lover so much favour. What an amazing Papa we have.

It’s strange to think that I have only been here for a three weeks, I feel like I have never left this place. The last tree weeks been so amazing, It’s been really busy, but really amazing. There are challenges everyday, but I am learning so much everyday. I am treasuring and loving every second of it.


I am so honoured to have another opportunity to staff this Harvest Mission School. I am living in a small house with 13 beautiful ladies from 7 different nations. Kate (another staff) and me are the house parents.  I am blesses to have Kate here, we make a good team and balance each other. There are four Brazilian ladies in this house, some of them don’t speak fluent English. Once a week I help to translate to the Brazilian ladies at class. I am also leading the language learning classes two times a week. The Lord is really pushing me to improve and practice my Portuguese.

Days in Pemba start really early, most days I wake up before 6:00. At 6:00 in the morning, I meet the Mozambican ladies who does cleaning around the student compound. We spend some time in prayer and worship before I delegate them to work. In the last school I was also did this and loved it so much. I am so pleased to get to do this again and to get more opportunities to get to know the ladies more.

Every Monday to Thursday from 8:00 to 13:00 we have class; where we worship, be filled by The Word and God’s Love, and where Papa reveals His heart for us and for His nations. Staff are asked to attend the class to facilitate the class and also to support the students in prayer and in love. God’s presence and God’s favour in this school is so visible.

After morning class, I usually have meetings,leading language learning class, send time with my daughters or doing other things that needs to be done. Everyday looks different :). Two times a week, we have evening classes :). On Friday mornings, two other staff and I are leading a food distribution outreach to the widows. On Friday nights, I am doing the street ministry. Last Friday was the first time we did it after the last school. We have a small barraca (store) located in the area where there are lots of prostitution. We invited the ladies from the street to come to the barraca, we talk to them, washed their feet, paint heir nails and love on them. It was so amazing, I felt so alive doing it, can’t describe it with words. I want to do it everyday if I can! On that night I got to preach and share the gospel to a beautiful lady, called Zita. It was so beautiful to see her face expression change, and also to see here receive the gift of  salvation and to see heavenly joy rest on her. The team did an amazing job, everyone gave their best and we made good friends with ladies  and I really believe that most of them will come back.
Deulinda is another girl that met that day. She was really shy, but I could see in her eyes that true friendship  is what she is looking for. She is only 19 and already have two children, a seven year old and a 5 year old. She didn’t really talk much but smiled a lot.  We didn’t talk much, I felt not to ask much but just smile and love on her. On Sunday, she came to church with her daughter. It made me so happy! I didn’t know until Sunday but she said that she used to go to church long time ago and she said that she wants to follow Jesus again. Thank you Lord!

I cannot thank you all enough for supporting me so much! Your support, love and prayers means so much to me . My health is good, I’m sleeping good, eating well and my heart is really good :). God loved is good to us, His unconditional love overwhelms my heart more and more everyday. bless are we to be children of the most loving, caring and protecting Father. We love you Lord! May what we do blesses your heart and glorifies You name

No comments:

Post a Comment