Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Greetings and love from Pemba!


I can't believe that I haven't yet shared in the blog the very exciting news. After so many days of pressing in, waiting and believing.  It is really happening. The Lord opened a door and
 provided all our needs as He always does :). Andrew and I are
 heading to America this week. We are both so overwhelmed
 by God 's goodness and love for us. We are so so excited to enter this
 beautiful season and journey with each other and the Lord. It was a
 huge surprise also for us that we are going in November, because we
were hoping to go in December. But this is surely His timing.

My time in Pemba has been really good. Loving to be here and falling
 more and more in love with this nation.

Days here can be full and 
challenging. But I am learning so much, I love it more than words can
express. The Lord really gives us strength, peace and grace to do what
 we need to do.

Part of me wished that my season in Pemba this time will be longer. I
 am seeing so much that I want to do here with the Mama's and there is
so much that I long to see to happen. But I fully know that my short
 season here is perfect and is it Papa's perfect plan. I will protect
 what the Lord has released and done. I am looking forward to
 be back here again and to see the visions becoming reality.




In this journey, the Lord is teaching Andrew and I so much. He is
 pushing us to be more and more dependant in Him. His ways are so 
wonderful, we are undone by God's provision and faithfulness. There is
no better place to be, than to be in a place where we are completely 
needy of Him.



About three weeks ago I went to Maputo, the capital of Mozambique to 
get my visa for America. It was amazing to see in so many ways, the
way that God was taking care of everything. I know that lots of you
 prayed for me, so I thought to share a little about it. Your prayers 
are powerful. Thank you so much!

I went to Maputo by bus. It was almost a two day non stop 
bus journey. It was physically challenging. 

But it was filled with 
blessing… Mamas shared their chicken meal, fruits, drink and
blankets    with me. One Mama gave me her seat so I can
lay down when I wasn't feeling well. People lended me
their phone when my phone died. I love Mozambicans.

I felt that I learnt so much about Mozambican culture during this trip.



When I arrived in Maputo, it was raining really heavy. I had to get a
 taxi, it was really dark there and by then I was completely soaking 
wet. There weren't many people, I could only see a few
 men, which I found out later that there were trying to steal 
my stuff. But then a beautiful young girl named Angelica came out of
nowhere and helped me. She had so much peace, she was holding an
umbrella and her feet was completely dry and clean. She told me that
 where I was waiting wasn't safe and that the guys 
were trying to take my stuff. She took me to a safer
 place and got me a taxi. I think she was an angle sent by my Father
:)



Oh and the American embassy gave me a five year visa when I only asked
 for a six month visa :D.

I also got to share the gospel in the bus, one man gave his life to
Jesus. This man was quite rude at first but he completely changed. I
was so beautiful. Later he told me that when he arrived home, he
shared about Jesus to his whole family. It makes me so so happy!

God 
is good!

 Jehovah Jireh! We have such a good God. He really really provided all
our needs. We do not deserve it and we did not earn it.
It is simply, purely a love gift from our Father. He really does love  his sons and daughters.




With Lots and lots of love

Dira

No comments:

Post a Comment